• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Batman Ninja vs. Yakuza League Film Sequel to Batman Ninja Announced

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 9:36 am Reply with quote
As someone who really enjoyed Batman Ninja, I'm happy we're finally getting a sequel.

Judging by the title, I wonder if this is Batman going to modern Japan to fight superpowered Yakuza? Or the Yakuza League invade Gotham? Will we also get the Justice League? Batgirl!?
Smongo

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 12:29 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
As someone who really enjoyed Batman Ninja, I'm happy we're finally getting a sequel.

Judging by the title, I wonder if this is Batman going to modern Japan to fight superpowered Yakuza? Or the Yakuza League invade Gotham? Will we also get the Justice League? Batgirl!?

Probably Ra Sha Ghul & League of Assassin team up w/ the Yakuza or something and combine the Lazarus Pit w/ some mythical hotspring that makes into super powered yokaies and Bats teams w/ other hero’s in Japan to take them down. Hope to see more info.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, I didn't think Batman Ninja would get a sequel. I thought the first movie was OK and interesting, but I'll give the sequel a watch to see how this story goes. I wonder what other DC related stuff that WB has up for anime adaptation beside this, & Suicide Squad Isekai.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 4:07 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Oh wow, I didn't think Batman Ninja would get a sequel. I thought the first movie was OK and interesting, but I'll give the sequel a watch to see how this story goes. I wonder what other DC related stuff that WB has up for anime adaptation beside this, & Suicide Squad Isekai.

I do hope we eventually get a DC anime that isn't related to Batman or Batman characters.

Like the director of the Squad Isekai wants to make a Flash anime, well hot damn give the man what he wants WB.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
I do hope we eventually get a DC anime that isn't related to Batman or Batman characters.

Like the director of the Squad Isekai wants to make a Flash anime, well hot damn give the man what he wants WB.

Well, I've been watching My Hero Academia (finished 1st season, and started watching 2nd season) on Netflix since last month, and after watching it, I think I would love to see Legion of Super-Heroes to be adapted as a anime only on one condition that if Bones Studio was given the chance to animate it (I mean why not, Bones adapted an American comic book into an anime before. Also, it doesn't help that Legion of Super-Heroes was highly recommended to fans of My Hero Academia for similar works), and I want the same team and animators that worked on My Hero Academia to handle the anime version of Legion of Super-Heroes. I think some of the charm found in MHA could also worked on Legion of Super-Heroes given that they have an academy like the one found in MHA. Also like MHA, Legion has a lot of characters that I think I would like to see how Bones can handle them like in MHA. I think Legion could work as good as MHA if DC is willing to give Bones the job.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lizuka

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 8:10 pm Reply with quote
First movie was rather, "Eh, s'fine." I might give this a look if it goes up on Max but not going to go out of the way for it.
Dr. Wily

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Batman Ninja was stupid in all the best ways so I'm looking forward to this to be stupider in new and exciting ways.
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 5:05 pm Reply with quote
That movie got weirder and weirder as it ran, peaking in the weirdest final fight I have seen in a DC animated movie.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Warner promised more anime, and this is a good place to start.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1