• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero Academia Enters 'Epilogue;' Author States Manga Will Continue for 'A While' as it 'Ret

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:43 am Reply with quote
No surprise there. Jump titles tend to have some sort of epilogue to give the story a sendoff, and the return to school makes sense for it since they haven't even graduated yet. Also, there were pretty broad societal effects that came about. All For One might have been using that for his own gains, but it's not like removing him suddenly makes people forget what happened.
StarDango

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:06 am Reply with quote
I've been enjoying the final arc and nearly everything went as I expected it to. So wrapping it all up with an extensive epilogue arc? Sign me up. I'm hoping it'll be at least one or two more volumes worth of chapters. There's still plot points that need closure and I want those handled with TLC.

Man...I know I'm going to cry rivers once I see the "MHA will end in X-chapters" announcement.
Minos_Kurumada

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:32 am Reply with quote
The common idea between the fanbase is that the series will go for other 11ish chapters to complete 42 vols since its the number of the spider that bit Miles Morales.

If this is truth it's yet to be seen, anyways, Shounen Manga could benefit of longer epiloges, that 1 long final chapter so many use is something doesn't cut it most of the time if you ask me.

Normalize long epiloges.
FanGamer24

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:45 am Reply with quote
I'm just happy we're getting an extensive epilogue instead of the typical one chapter wrap up alot of series get.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:22 am Reply with quote
"A while" could be anything, really. I'm going to say a week or two, tops. No way it's going to be another entire volume of chapters. This final arc has been a slow, bloated mess more often than not; no need for the epilogue to follow the same course. I want it to at least end on a high note.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 11:41 am Reply with quote
YES! This is what I was hoping for with Naruto and Bleach (just to name a few).
StarDango

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Gem-Bug wrote:
"A while" could be anything, really. I'm going to say a week or two, tops. No way it's going to be another entire volume of chapters. This final arc has been a slow, bloated mess more often than not; no need for the epilogue to follow the same course. I want it to at least end on a high note.

While I agree it could mean anything, if it was really only 2-3 more chapters I think that would've been announced instead, at least by now. Given how much still needs to be finalized (and the possibility of a time-skip), an 8-12 chapter epilogue seems pretty reasonable. And that range should be enough for at least one more volume.

And given the plotlines that still need to be resolved, dedicating only a few pages to each of them would be a major fumble. We need a full chapter for each one to get proper closure, in my opinion.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Very good news, despite the title it has actually been very long since we had some hero school time with the world not collapsing.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:33 pm Reply with quote
As long Deku marries Ochako and has a family with her, I could be indifferent how the finale will be.
liatris

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
No surprise there. Jump titles tend to have some sort of epilogue to give the story a sendoff, and the return to school makes sense for it since they haven't even graduated yet. Also, there were pretty broad societal effects that came about. All For One might have been using that for his own gains, but it's not like removing him suddenly makes people forget what happened.

Yes, the title suggests that this story is about the school and the students. It is not their goal to defeat All for One. In other words, their goal is to graduate from school and get a job as a hero. It will be important to see what career path they choose after the incident.
animaters

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Gem-Bug wrote:

ending it after the last messy battle is a high note to you?

man, if the standards are these low then oh boi
Touma55

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:43 pm Reply with quote
animaters wrote:
Gem-Bug wrote:

Yeah I was gonna say this is definitely not what I would consider a high note lol.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Touma55 wrote:
animaters wrote:
Gem-Bug wrote:

Yeah I was gonna say this is definitely not what I would consider a high note lol.

The "high note" being an epilogue that isn't as much of a slog as the final arc has been. I have no idea what part of my first comment led either of you to think I thought the final arc was good? Confused
ExplodingPrinny

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 7:56 pm Reply with quote
He can take his time, really.

I'm sure many readers would like to see plot threads closed and glimpses of the future.
Kuroi Ren

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Why are so many good manga all announced to be ending soon???
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2